- What is a Psychoeducational Evaluation?
- A comprehensive evaluation of an individual’s academic,
learning, and emotional functioning.
- Who could benefit from a Psychoeducational
- Individuals struggling academically, not performing at
- Individuals who do not feel challenged in their
- People who have difficulty focusing or remaining on
- If you are feeling emotionally overwhelmed and unable to
complete academic work as a result.
- Why choose Carolina Care and Counseling (CC&C) for
your Psychoeducational Evaluation?
- When requesting a Psychoeducational Evaluation from CC&C
you can expect to receive efficient scheduling, a thorough
report of your evaluation results and a listening ear from
an ethical professional that values you and is responsive to
- CC&C can assess both intellectual and emotional
functioning. The results are comprehensive and customized
evaluations to identify psychological, emotional, and
educational problems that may be impacting the individual
and offer specific recommendations to improve functioning.
- CC&C will also communicate with schools as necessary to
ensure the evaluation meets the requirements for receiving
- You can expect to receive a comprehensive report, with
specific recommendations in 2-3 weeks.
- What to expect on the day of the evaluation:
- A CC&C clinician will meet with the individual and/or
parents to gather background information and better
understand the presenting problems
- A CC&C clinician will then administer appropriate
assessments with the individual. Depending on the extent of
the evaluation this may occur over 2-3 sessions.
- After the evaluation is complete a follow-up
interpretive meeting will be scheduled in which the
evaluator will review the findings from the evaluation and
discuss impressions and recommendations.
- When you receive the report in 2-3 weeks, you can
- A detailed summary of any records provided to the
examiner, background information, explanation of and results
from educational and psychological testing, as well as
detailed impressions, and recommendations
- Our impressions will identify if the individual meets
criteria for attention problems, learning disabilities,
giftedness, and/or behavioral or emotional problems and
clarify how symptoms may be impacting the individual and
interacting to exacerbate current challenges.
- Our recommendations are based on the individual’s
performance and the diagnostic findings. They are specific
and provide suggestions and techniques that are likely to
improve the individual’s emotional functioning and academic
success. We will also assist with making appropriate
referrals as necessary.
- The report and findings can be shared with schools to
assist in receiving appropriate accommodations and to
enhance the learning environment for the individual.
- To ease the process for everyone:
- If you have any pertinent records (previous testing,
school or mental health records, etc) please provide these
to the examiner before the evaluation. They may be faxed
with the referral documents to CC&C.
- The evaluation may require the individual to be at the
CC&C offices for a number of hours.
- Based on the individual’s needs frequent breaks may be
taken during the evaluation.
- Feel free to bring along drinks and snacks to the
evaluation and parents who wish to remain in the office
during the evaluation may want to bring along something to
- To Schedule a Psychoeducational Evaluation
- o Simply call our main office at (919) 676-1497 and a
friendly staff member will find a time that is convenient,
we are often able to work around school schedules to
minimize the interruption in your daily schedule.
<< More Services from Carolina Care &
Services / Meet Our Staff / Resource Library
Community Outreach / DSS Referral Information /
Contact Us / Site Map
|©Copyright - Carolina Care & Counseling
8520 Six Forks Road, Suite 204 - Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919-676-1497 | Fax: 919-676-1430
Counseling, Therapy, Anxiety, Depression, Grief and Loss, Parenting,
Family Concerns, Play Therapy, Marriage and Family Counseling,
Parenting Issues, Separation, Divorce, Single Parenting, Adoption
Support Services, Psychological Services, Psychological Evaluations, Child Forensic, Adoption Evaluations, Psychoeducational Testing, Intelligence Evaluation, Educational
Testing, Achievement, Diagnostic Testing, ADD, ADHD, Learning
Disabilities, Educational Consultations, School and Academic Issues,
Life Coaching, Life Purpose, Wellness, Premarital and Couples
Coaching, Career Changes, Project Management, Child Abuse, Child
Sexual Abuse, Child Physical Abuse, Child Emotional Abuse, Child
Psychological Abuse, Neglect, Child Abuse Evaluation, Child Abuse
Evaluators, Child Abuse Examiners
Website by Consultwebs.com,
Inc. - Raleigh NC